Managing your cashflow is easy
In this dashboard you will see all outstanding and incoming invoices and their due date clearly presented.
How to get your cashflow report in Business Central
You must have a valid account with Business Central and with Power BI. Power BI apps require permissions to the tables where data is retrieved from. To share your content you will need a Power BI Pro license, and the people you share it with do too.
The apps are designed to work with data from any company that you have in your Business Central. When you install the Power BI app, you specify one or more parameters to connect to your Business Central.
Connect your data in Power BI
- Navigate to powerbi.com and go to apps.
- Select Get apps to install the app
- Select Business Central – Cashflow outstanding invoices.
- Press Get it now to continue.
- Press Install to install the Power BI app.
- The app is now installed and can be found in the menu Apps.
- After installing click on the app. A wizard will start to connect the app to your environment.
- To connect the app to your environment select Connect your data.
- Fill in Environment Name and Company Name where you want to connect this report to
- After this you have to sign in with an account you also use to connect to Business Central.
- You are now ready to use the report with your own data.
By default, your dataset is not scheduled to refresh. You can change the refresh schedule or try refreshing it on demand using Refresh Now. For more information, see Configuring scheduled refresh.
Power BI in Business Central
Your Home page in Business Central can include a Power BI control element that can be configured to display Power BI reports on your Home page.
On first login
When you first sign into Business Central, you will notice an empty Power BI part on your Home page. In order to view the reports, you must first connect to Power BI by selecting the Get Started with Power BI link.
Business Central then communicates with the Power BI service to determine if you have a valid Power BI account. Once your license is verified, the default Power BI reports display on your Home page.
Selecting Power BI reports
The Power BI control on your Home page can display any Power BI report. To view an existing report, choose the Select Report action from the Power BI drop down command list.
The reports selection page shows a list of all the Power BI reports that you have access to. This list is retrieved from your Power BI workspace. Enable each report that you want to display on the Home page, and then choose OK. You will be returned to your Home page, and the last report you enabled will appear. Using the drop-down command list, use the previous and next command to navigate between reports.
If you do not see any reports on the Select Reports page, or do not see the report you want. You can choose to get reports from My Organization or from Services. Choose My Organization to go to the Power BI services where you can view the reports within your organization that you have been rights to view and add them to your workspace. Choose Services to go to Microsoft AppSource where you can install Power BI apps.
The Power BI dashboard relies on the published web services that are listed above, and it will show data from the demonstration company or your own company if you import data from your current finance solution. However, if something goes wrong, this section provides a workaround for the most typical issues.
You do not have a Power BI account
A Power BI account has not been set up. In order to have a valid Power BI account, you must have a license, and you must have previously signed into Power BI, in order for your Power BI workspace to have been created.
Message: There are no enabled reports. Choose Select Report to see a list of reports that you can display.
This message will appear if the default report failed to deploy to your Power BI workspace, or the report deployed but did not successfully refresh. If this happens, navigate to the report in your Power BI workspace, select Dataset, Settings, and then manually update the credentials. Once the dataset successfully refreshes, navigate back to Business Central and manually select the report from the Select Reports page.
You need a Power BI Pro license to install the Business Central app in Power BI
You need a Power BI Pro license to share your content, and the people you share it with do too.
“Parameter validation failed, please make sure all parameters are valid”
This error indicates that the one more of the parameters are not valid.
- The specified environment parameter does not match any existing Business Central production or sandbox environment.
- The specified company parameter does not match any existing Business Central companies. Verify the company name in the Companiespage in Business Central.
- If connecting to Business Central on-premises. you have entered a URL that is not valid. You can verify the URL in the Web Servicespage in Business Central
- A port is not open to allow the request to go through your firewall.
Cannot sign in
If you get a “login failed” error after using your Business Central user credentials to sign in, then you are probably experiencing one of the following issues:
- The account that you are using does not have permissions to retrieve the Business Central data from your account. Verify that you have permissions to the required data in Business Central and try again.
- You have selected an authentication type other than Basic if connecting to Business Central on-premises.
- You have not entered a valid user name or password.
Incorrect company name
A common mistake is to enter the company display name instead of the company name. To find the company name search for Companies. Then use the Name field when entering your company name.
The key didn’t match any rows in the table
If you enter a non-valid company name during the connection process, you may get the error message “The key didn’t match any rows in the table”. Provide the correct company name and try connecting again.
I only see data for a single company
The Power BI app will only display data from the Business Central company that was defined when the Power BI app was installed. Data from additional companies can be added to the reports by adding new queries that use different companies as the data source.
We can help you set up multiple companies. You can contact us by sending an e-mail to [email protected].